Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat is sneezing and can't smell and want eat his food. He…

Customer Question
My cat is sneezing...

My cat is sneezing and can't smell and want eat his food. He looks healthy otherwise

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Sneezing?

Just started today

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sneezing?

Not that I know of. He is about 14 and is a farm cat

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat
9/12/2017
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 9 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 9 months ago

Has he shown any signs of vomiting or diarrhea?

No he hasnt
He is off his food and smell.
Are you still there?
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 9 months ago

I`m here, yes. Has he had any sneezing episodes in the past or is this new?

This is new
I'm concerned he is not eating, it is unlike him.
I don't know why this is taking so long. I have to go to bed as I get up very early for work. Thank you. I hope I don't get charged anymore money.
Thank you.
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 9 months ago

I`m sorry I am unable to type a reply fast enough for you, i`ll opt out so another expert may be able to help you more quickly.

Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hi Margie. It looks like Dr. Rawling opted out of the question and no one has assisted you since then. I'll be happy to help you. Are you seeing any mucus production in the nostrils? How often is he sneezing? When was an examination and bloodwork last performed? How long has he been off of his food?