Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I got up to get ready for work about 230pm and my kitchen

I got up to get ready for work about 230pm and my kitchen floor look like someone had cut themselves. There was blood drops everywhere I then started checking my furry kids nothing, looked in the box and my monkey doo is peeing fresh blood it's not watered down. We have a history my vet says I don't know .We have dealt with this for several years she's about a 12 year old cat always treated with Clavamox but this is different I'm not real sure what's going on.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: It's acting like a UTI. But I'm worried about all the blood it seems to be more than usual she did eat today with the rest or soft food I'm but she's one of the cats that just doesn't seem to drink a lot I feel like I work at a hospital I feel like if I could just give her some antibiotic IV and some fluids she'd be good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: She is a little underweight she's a tiny cat always have been she eats she plays she she is spaded she had one litter of kittens normal all four survived that's been probably 7 years 7 or 8 years ago

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you are seeing what just looks like fresh blood and not blood tinged urine, that does raise a big concern that something more serious is going on. It is possible that it could just be a urinary tract infection, but I would be concerned about a potential bladder tumor, bladder stones or even a problem with blood clotting. Check around her gums, eyes and any part of skin that has less hair. Do you see any bruising (may look like pin points on the gums)? If so, then a blood clotting problem is the bigger concern. Lack of bruising doesn't rule it out though. I would definitely have your vet run a urinalysis and even consider running some blood work. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think some clavamox (not sure if spelled right) no bruising, no hair loss her gums are a little pale ,but in the past that's normal.

Clavamox may help if it is just a UTI. With that amount of blood, though, I would still be very concerned that something more serious is going on. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John

Hello. I was just following up to see how your cat is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Took her in to the vet wed morning, he did surgery on her and found she had a tumor in her bladder.so it was cancer.we elected since she was already asleep to let her go.

I am so sorry to hear that. With the type of bloody discharge you were describing, I was concerned about a bladder tumor. My condolences go to you and your family. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you and I will.

Your welcome.