Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat is approximately 1 1/2 years old, indoor only. She…

Customer Question
Hi....my cat is approximately...

Hi....my cat is approximately 1 1/2 years old, indoor only. She has been fine up until a week ago she started to sound as if she was coughing up a hairball. Would try sporadically throughout a couple of days but nothing came out. Her voice has sounded a bit raw but other than that she acts fine. Like I said for about 7 days with a full day of nothing. Could this just be an allergy? September started and we had a mild cool front blow in on the 1st after having a heavy hurricane sit around texas the week before. We all started coughing from the 2nd forward. Could she just be reacting like we are?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the cat's name?

Miss Cooper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

She is a long haired black cat that gains an extra layer of fur when winter comes but did start sooner this year. Also her diet is mainly dry cat food but the first ingredients are a meat based. Do not know if this is important to know or not.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
9/11/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Do you happen to have a video of what you're seeing?