Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Our 4 yr old kitty has a bad fungal infection in her back…

Customer Question
Our 4 yr old...

Our 4 yr old kitty has a bad fungal infection in her back foot &it seems to be getting worse after fungal meds, daily bandages,& 6 laser treatments. Now amputation is being suggested because of lack of progress & trauma to the kitty. I'm torn, of course & hope this is the right decision. Both of her vets have talked to me & concur. Will she forgive me & ever trust me again? She had been very healthy otherwise.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?

Birdy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Birdy?

We think she was injured by another cat in a fight

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 day by:
9/8/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of the foot? What diagnostics have been done this far?