Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat seems to be spitting some clear mucus like stuff after…

Customer Question
Cat seems to be...

Cat seems to be spitting some clear mucus like stuff after putting on advantage

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

Spitting mucus not vomit but just odd

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

No had advantage flea medicine put on but cannot reach it to eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Baxter is two maybe was a rescued street cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Baxter?

No, been dealing with some fleas is all. No other conditions

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
9/6/2017
Cat Vet: Joan, Vet Tech replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry Baxter is having a problem.

Did you the Advantage for Cats?

Is he having any twitching?

Have you used this before?

Other than salivating how is his deamor?

Joan

Advantage yes, first time. Talks a little more than normal. Not noticed twitching.

Cats are very sensitive to Flea medications. I suspect Baxter may be having a Reaction to the medication. The best thing to do is to bathe him in Blue Dawn Dish soap. THis will remove the treatment and will aslo kill the fleas. This is some of the things to watch for with Flea treatments:

Drooling,.Vomiting., Diarrhea,.Uneasy,,Tremors,.Lethargy., Weakness., , seizures, ncoordination.

I think before any more issues start appearing I would bathe Baxter. Let the Vet know he had a reaction.

YOu can ask about Capstar to help with the fleas which is an oral medication.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/capstar-flea-tablets-for-dogs-and-cats-2-25lbs

You can use the blue Dawn to bathe Baxter and a flea comb and it is much safer for him. If the reactions get worse, then he will need to see an ER Vet. Hopefully if we get it off quickly, we can dodge more issues. Please hit reply to discuss thsi information.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan

How is Baxter doing? I wanted to check in on him since we last chatted.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech