Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Our Persian cat 13. Started limping and lethargic about a

Our Persian cat 13. Started limping and lethargic about a year ago. Today started growling, wouldn't let us near her and had what appears to be a seizure. We can now touch her but she is drooling excessively and panting.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Persian's name?
Customer: Tiger
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tiger?
Customer: Had a large bowel movement yesterday.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

I'm sorry to hear that Tiger's seizure and other symptoms are worrying you.

When a cat has a seizure, the underlying cause must be diagnosed, so she can be treated most appropriately. However, there ARE seizures for which there is no explanation and these are called 'idiopathic' seizures. If she has epilepsy (the most common cause of seizures), she will be put on medication to control them. Because of her senior age, she's more prone to develop diabetes, hyperthyroidism, liver and kidney issues and seizures may be caused by these conditions, in addition to others.

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/seizures-in-cats-some-of-the-causes-might-surprise-you

--------------

Tiger would have to be examined in person by a vet and some lab work would have to be done. Imaging, like an x-ray, might be done on the foot/leg on which she is limping. Your vet might also refer her to a neurological veterinary specialist, if s/he has no information for you.

I hope all will be well with Tiger and please let me know how she's coming along. Thanks!

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5 star rating would be very appreciated. Your rating should be based solely on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated for their assistance, until a positive rating is given.

If you have any other, related questions, please reply here, and I'll be happy to follow up with you at no additional charge, even after you have rated.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Appreciate the answer but honestly I could have got this from the internet. No mention of the panting or drooling.Tiger is sleeping, no further panting or drooling.