Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

This morning I noticed my cat had slight head tremor I took…

Customer Question
Hi pearl this morning...

Hi pearl this morning I noticed my cat had slight head tremor I took video and aside from that she is acting normally

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Baby Cat and approx 14/15

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

She was born on my porch lived outside as feral until about two yrs ago made the transition to inside only finally

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

No medical issues that I know not on any meds.had one dental two years ago and whatever was in her Mouth was all removed she had few teeth lot of open nerve endings

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat
8/6/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I would like to see the video, please. You'll need to upload it to YouTube or a similar app and then give me the link to it. Remember to not mark it as private.

https://youtu.be/szC2-PIrUcA

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

She also has a habit of yowling after every activity. Eating, using lb, waking up, playing etc

Baby's head is tremoring. Senile tremors and tremors resulting from metabolic disorders need to be considered. Hypocalcemia, hypoglycemia, hepatic or uremic encephalopathy, and hyperthyroidism are examples of metabolic disorders that can cause tremors. Primary brain disorders such as brain tumor in an elderly cat need to be considered as well. Baby's vet will want to perform a thorough physical and neurologic exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests in an attempt to spot an extracranial (outside the skull) cause of the tremors that might be addressed in a conservative manner. Intracranial (within the skull) disorders require MRI to identify.

Excessive yowling can be a clue for hyperthyroidism. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Well thanks this is just what I suspected and while I appreciate your repl y, you didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. So talking further or with another vet is not going to be useful as i will be making an appointment at my local specialty hospital to do the basic testing to see what exactly nis going on.Thank you anyway for your time

Yes, that would be prudent.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian