Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have a kitten.. when I got him last week they were giving…

Customer Question
I have a foster...

I have a foster kitten.. when I got him last week they were giving him L lysine (to help strengthen his immune system). Two day later I took him to a vet bc he was very congested and the mucous was yellow that he was sneezing out. The vet gave him a long lasting antibiotic shot and told me to give him probiotics for his tummy as well as the L lysine still. She also diagnosed ring worm by eye so I have been using an anti fungal ointment. It had been 4 days, he is still sneezing a lot and his breathing seems gurgling sometimes. He feels very hot to me.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?

Sheldon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sheldon?

He was very thin when I got him last week, despite being sick he has been eating very well.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is only about 8 weeks old
8/2/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Do you recall the name of the medication that was given as a shot?

Are you able to take a rectal temperature?