DrRoyC
DrRoyC, Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner & Veterinarian at Steeplechase Animal Hospital
98743513

I have a four year old DSH female cat, who sadly had a hard

Customer Question

Hi. I have a four year old DSH female cat, who sadly had a hard life already. Around a year ago she was diagnosed with cholangiohepatitis and had treatment with a feeding tube and short term use of steroids. She's been doing amazing ever since she has recovered. The beginning of April, 2017, I had pointed out to my Vet that I noticed a small bump where the esophageal feeding tube was located - and was told it was scar tissue but to just watch it. I've done my job watching this closely and no change was noted up until yesterday. It is now slightly larger and moved closer to the skin. It does not seem to be bothering her in anyway; eating, drinking, enegry levels are normal. Obviously, with this being the same location as the feeding tube, I am wondering if this is an abscess? I'm assuming it wouldn't be any type of tumor/fatty lump as I am hoping my Vet can tell the difference between that and scar tissue.. As shes been through a lot already, I'd do anything for her, but I don't know if this is a cause for panic yet? Please let me know if more information is needed.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Theres nothing visible.
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.
Customerresponding to your questions and concerns your special cat. You are very astute. Your veterinarian can do a FNA or Fine Needle Aspirate, this a quick in clinic needle biopsy to determine if the growing bump is scar tissue, access, or other. Please call your veterinarian in the morning.
Will monitor for your response.
Good Luck
Appreciate you using Just Answer.