Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have taken in a kitten that was found at church, it was ni…

Customer Question
Hello, i have taken...

Hello, i have taken in a kitten that was found at church, it was ni more than 2 weeks old when I took it in but about 3 weeks old now. The kitten is weak in its back legs drags them but it does move them back and forth. It tries to stand but again it seems weak in its back legs. I am feeding the kitten goat milk ( I have always been successful feeding this in the past) but I am concerned about the weekness in its back legs. I have been exercising its legs and walking it in a rug. If I hold the kittens tail up it seems to help it to be able to walk. I am also giving the kitten nutri-cal for kittens 2 times a day. My vet has had a family emergency and Im not sure when he will return so Im trying to get some info on if I need to give this baby some time . The kitten does not seem to be in pain any where but feels pain if you pinch its toes or legs hard.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound anywhere. Its right back leg seems to be a lot weaker than the left

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?

Nothing at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
7/31/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?