Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He's 17 years old and just returned home last evening from I…

Customer Question
He's 17 years old...

He's 17 years old and just returned home last evening from I 131 treatment for his hyperthyroid. He was treated in February, but was not really successful. Since he's been home, now 24 hours he's eaten nothing and did just have a rather good size black firm stool. He hardly ate during his 4 day clinic stay in isolation. He almost looks like he's in pain. But he purrs and sometimes sits near me. I hate to subject him to going to the emergency intake at the clinic where he had the radioactive iodine tx this past Tuesday. Should I wait it out over night ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

His name is Jack

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jack?

Jack is significantly underweight

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
7/30/2017
Cat Vet: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 1 year ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you a licensed veterinarian Cher ? If not, I don't think you are qualified to answer my concerns.

No, I am not a licensed veterinarian, so I will opt out and leave your question for any vet on the site, at this time.

I hope all will be well with Jack!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only want to hear from a licensed veterinarian, or I would like to cancel out if this.