PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have a kitten about 4 weeks old....mother and all litter

Customer Question

I have a kitten about 4 weeks old....mother and all litter mates have died in the past week.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?
Customer: we have been hand feeding and she has been fine but I just took her out of kennel and she is panting and yowling
JA: Where does the kitten seem to hurt?
Customer: I see no visible wounds and she's kind of acting like it hurts to be held at all
JA: Is the kitten bleeding a lot?
Customer: no blood
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Melby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Melby?
Customer: Just that she's been fine up until about 20 minutes ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to hear that Melby is not well. Are you able to take her to an ER or veterinary location that is open at this time? Panting is a very concerning symptom in cats and I am concerned given the history of her mother and siblings that Melby may also pass without any veterinary intervention.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is an emergency vet about an hour away but I will take her

I think that would be your best bet given her symptoms. There are so many things that can cause major problems in kittens this young from intestinal parasites and protozoan to versus like panleukopenia. Her best chance at survival is going to be with veterinary staff this evening. Keep me posted on your progress and let me know if I can help further.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Checking in. How is Melby today?