PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My pregnant cat has blood coming out her vagina, It's like 2

Customer Question

My pregnant cat has blood coming out her vagina
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: It's like 2 months pregnant approx that's about it
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have you witnessed any nesting behavior?

Is she still eating and drinking well?

Is the blood dried or moist?

Is this frank blood (bright red) or darker maroon or black?

When did this first begin?

Are you seeing any signs of labor such as pushing, pacing, continual licking of the vulva, etc.?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No nesting behavior she just wants to be pet.
She is still eating normally.
The blood was alittle moist but most of it was dried. There is a stain on our bed sheets from where she was laying. We just found out now since we came home. We've been gone for about 7 hours.
She is licking herself. It is blood red

This may be the first sign that her labor is starting. Some cats will continue to eat and drink normally despite being in labor, though the vast majority will refuse food and water 12-24 hours before the onset of labor. If the bleeding worsens overnight or she has not delivered kittens/shown signs of active labor (nesting, pushing, etc), I would highly recommend that you have her examined. This may signal a complication with her pregnancy, a urinary tract infection, vaginitis, etc.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah I think she might be having the kittens soon she went inside a box we made for her and is just laying there. She doesn't usually stay in the box for that long

Perfect. Keep an eye out and let me know if I can help further. Good luck!

Checking in. How is mama kitty doing today? Any babies yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
she had 4 kitties the same day they seem well

Excellent news! I am glad to hear that she produced her young. Keep me posted if you need any additional help. The page has been opened for rating at your convenience.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy