Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He is acting strangely. Very, very vocal. Whiny meowing. Is

Customer Question

He is acting strangely. Very, very vocal. Whiny meowing. Is croutching low to the ground, and actually crawled under the bed. He is also occasionally hissing at the other cat, which is his brother from the same litter. They never fight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: McQueen, 9 years old
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: McQueen
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about McQueen?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:.

How long has he been showing signs?

Has he been passing urine (most important) and feces normally? Any straining?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?