Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats
5071285

I have a friend that took a cat and gave him dog flee and

I have a friend that took a cat and gave him dog flee and tick medicine we have bathed him twice and he is having tremors what can we do
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. The Dog Flea and tick medication is highly toxic to cats. We bathe with Blue Dawn Dish soap to beak down the oil the treatment is in. If the tremors are bad the next step is the ER Vet. asap. Flea treatments are deadly and the Vet will have to give supportive care to help pull the cat through. Please hit reply to discuss this information. https://www.vetary.com/cat/condition/flea-tick-medicine-poisoning

Joan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We bathed him with dawn do we need to do it again

If he is in Tremors it is effecting his Nervous System and he needs supportive care from a Vet asap. He can seizure and go into a coma, if not treated. There uis urgency in having him seen.

Joan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We were able to respond within 30 minutes of them putting this chemical on him he is no longer having tremors did we dodge a bullet here?

I am optomistic if the tremors have ceased. I would monitor him for the next 48 hoours. I would have him seen in the Morning by the Vet. If the tremors start again, then do not wait to see the Vet in the AM. Pyrthrins and Permethrins are highy toxic to cats. These are actually derived from flowers, but when a cat is exposed it is deadly.

I hope the worst is over and you did very well with the bathing! Great job. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service.

Joan

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You are awesome thank you so much I love these furr babies!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think they are directly tied to God I will watch over him and make sure he's ok

Great! I love all animals and knowing I can help them makes me keep going at what I do. Please do not forget to rate my service before leaving. I am not paid by the site unless rated.

Joan

Hi Gina,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan