Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience as a veterinary practice owner working with cats. I am happy to give you practical information.
16881297

My cat's top of her nose line is scanned and bleeds

Customer Question

My cat's top of her nose line is scanned and bleeds sometimes. I heard it was from mosquitoes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: It won't heal.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: Plumps is her nams
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

My concern for your sweet Plumps is that if she is older, this could be a sign of skin cancer if these lesions will not heal. This can be serious for her. This also could be caused by insect bites or allergies and if she scratches at these, it will not heal. It is important that you have your vet examine Plumps to know which is causing this so the correct treatment can be given to ease her discomfort. I cannot tell you exactly what is causing this until there is an exam so for now, apply a Benadryl creme to this area every 8 hrs. This will not hurt Plumps if she licks this off and if this is an allergic reaction, it will help.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****