Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

She has a upi and the meds are not working. Started bleeding

Customer Question

She has a upi and the meds are not working. Started bleeding from nose. Im so scared shes not gonna make it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: She's about 3 months old and only weights 1.5 pounds
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Was she diagnosed with a URI?

What mediation is she on?

Can you share pictures of how much blood is being passed?

Is she eating and drinking well?

How is her energy level?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Antibiotic
I just cleaned it
Yes but not well
She

I'll need the name of the medication that she is on, please. Can you share a video of her at this current time since no blood is to be seen? Is she having any labored breathing? How is her energy level?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
labored breathing no energy... Ciprofloxacin o9phthalmic Sol 2.5 ml
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trying to add photo

The cipro should be a medication for her eyes. Is she taking anything orally?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.