Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

4-5 weeks old mom abandoned in our garage, have been feeding

Customer Question

4-5 weeks old mom abandoned in our garage, have been feeding milk replacement and was doing well. This AM very weak, wont stand or eat Is the runt of the group of three the others ignore it most of the time
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: doesnt have one - don't want to get attached... too late
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no mom is a stray / feral we live in the country. Has two other siblings they are doing well. Was good until this AM eating, playing etc
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 4 months ago.

Rub a drop of honey into his gums to raise his blood sugar in case he is hypoglycemic.

Instead of water offer him tuna water drained from the can.Insert dropper in the side of his mouth where there is a space between his teeth if you dropper feed.

If he laps it up offer some tuna'

Get a jar of baby food chicken or turkey with no onion powder. Warm some, most cats WILL eat that.You can also water it down and dropper feed.

Try fancy feast and friskies pate canned cat food.It contains gravy that can nourish him.

If he gets dehydrated give him tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri