Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat has a lump on his cheek thats just appeared. It wasnt

Customer Question

my cat has a lump on his cheek thats just appeared. It wasnt there yesterday. It's pretty large
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: dexter and he's 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about dexter?
Customer: The lump was just noticed moments ago. like i said it wasn't there this morning or yesterday. it doesnt seem tov hurt him
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a picture?
Is he inside only?
Any other cats in the household?
Is he still eating and drinking well?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He's inside and out. No other cats. He's eating and drinking.

Can you share a picture?

Are you still in need of help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we are having trouble downloading picture. his cheek is all of a sudden swollen. we think it could be an abscess because it came about so sudden. we live in the mountains so maybe he was bit by something

Very commonly we see that cats who are outdoors do develop abscesses. I'd like to see the location on the cheek to know if this might be an abscessed tooth, alternately.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. I’ll be standing by.

Would a phone call and texting the picture be easier?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
texting would be easiest

See if you are able to request another phone call. It's showing an error on my end and will not allow me to offer texting.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we are going tom wait and see if it gets worse. at that point we will take him to the vet. what is this converstaion going to cost me?

I'll have to contact customer service for you. Experts don't handle billing. I will do so and they should reach out to you shortly to answer this question for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thank you