Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My male cat was always the first to finish his food He would

Customer Question

My male cat was always the first to finish his food He would inhale it. Last night and this morning he picked ate about 1/3 and walked away. he even tried to bury it by digging next to the food.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bailey Just turned 3 this weekend.
JA: How old is Bailey?
Customer: 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: My husband who may or may not have been attentive when washing their dishes. I was away for 4 days.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Any change in his thirst?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any issues passing urine?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?