Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is 67 days pregnant with no symptoms and is having

Customer Question

My cat is 67 days pregnant with no symptoms and is having five kittens
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten?
Customer: She's a first time mom, and was shaking last night, on and off like almost vibrating and she goes in and out of her nesting box every once and a while to sleep
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay thank you

It's much more rare for cats to have difficulty with pregnancy and delivery than it is for, say, dogs. That said, if she reaches her 68th day of pregnancy without showing signs of active labor, your vet may wish to perform x-rays again, ultrasound, or perform a c-section on her.

The number of days that you are counting for her pregnancy, did this begin the day she was first bred or when her heat cycle began?

What breed of cat is she?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She had an ultrasound the other day they all have heartbeats and are fine and the vet told us how many days, but they are closed today and she is still showing no signs of labor

It sounds like the number of days was an estimate, therefore we'd be less concerned about her not delivering today. Typically we can get within 3-5 days of conception with logarithmic calculations and what we observe on the ultrasound. The purpose of an updated ultrasound would be to confirm that there was no struggle and the kittens were all alive. It can tell us what is going on in the uterus and if there is any reason for concern that would necessitate surgery. Typically we don't like to have a pet undergo surgery if it can be avoided, at all. I imagine even if your vet was open that they would recommend waiting. I would take this time to locate an emergency clinic in your area that can examine your companion if you become more concerned over the course of the weekend. If her behavior changes at all, she begins having vaginal discharge without active labor or kitten production, if she stops eating, etc. she will need to be examined and possibly scheduled for surgery over the weekend. Otherwise, I would keep a close eye on her and know that many first time mothers have a longer pregnancy, longer labor and longer delivery than past mothers. Certainly if she does not deliver by Monday and all habits remain normal, this warrants an examination by your vet and recheck on the kittens.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The kittens are fully developed the vet said it's just a waiting game but still nothing is happening

Were you able to see my two replies above?

For this reason, the waiting continues. If her symptoms change, she needs to have an exam at an ER this weekend. However, she will not be able to wait forever. If she does not deliver, she will eventually need surgery.

Do you need help finding an ER location close to you?