Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My brother has meth in the house and i think my cat might

Customer Question

my brother has meth in the house and i think my cat might have eaten a piece. significantly small. like crumb size. what should i do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if might will be able to digest that. How old is might?
Customer: no i said might have eaten
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about might?
Customer: she's 4
Category: Cat
Expert:  DrBridget replied 7 months ago.

Ingestion of meth can cause very serious and potentially life threatening problems for your cat. It is imperative that you contact your local veterinarian or emergency veterinary hospital and plan to take your cat in to see them ASAP. Cats can quickly deteriorate after ingestion of meth this can lead to seizures and organ damage or failure. The sooner that you take your cat into the vet the sooner they can try to take steps to "decontaminate" this may mean the vet may induce vomiting or pump her stomach, may give activated charcoal or iv fluids. It is very important NOT to induce vomiting at home without veterinary instruction as the at may lose consciousness quickly and inhale the vomit. Seek veterinary attention immediately.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet. Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this was not helpful and this was not what the service said it does