Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

I have a 9 Month old kitten that has vomited probably 4 or 5

Customer Question
times today...it is light brown...she...
I have a 9 Month old kitten that has vomited probably 4 or 5 times today...it is light brown...she seems to be walking fine but growls when we pick her up and just wants to lay around.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
12/10/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 11 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Thank you

I am sorry she is not feeling well.

Give her one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.html

Remove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.

Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.

If she gets dehydrated give her tuna water drained from the can.

Please let me know how she is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Should I take her to the vet ?

does she have any fever?

What and when did she eat just prior to vomiting?

Doesn't seem to have a fever...ate last night sometime.

What food did she eat last night?

Do you have a Christmas tree up?

Could she have ingested tinsel?

Regular food ..yes we have a tree up but it's fake no tinsel on it.

Does she ever eat non food items?

No

Kittens often throw up from dry food or canned with pieces,shreds or chunks.

Is that what she ate?

Lets give her pepcid, wait 30 minutes, feed mild food like canned or baby food and see if she can keep it down.

If she cannot and continues to vomit, she should be seen.

If she can keep it down and does not vomit again, we can treat her at home.

Keep me posted.

Just took her temp. 100.6

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

A normal temp for a cat is 100 - 102.5 so she does not have a fever.

You said she cried in pain....where does she seem to hurt?

It's not really pain as much as mad that we are holding her. We can pet her and rub her belly and she is OK. Just when we pick her up.

Could she feel nauseated?

Like I said she is throwing up ....

Can you give her pepcid?

It will settle her stomach.

You can get it OTC in any drug store.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert