Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My kittties received rabies shots in 3/2016, will they be

Customer Question

Hello. My kittties received rabies shots in 3/2016, will they be harmed in any way the vet vaccinates them today?
JA: Is the cat in any pain? Is it behaving differently?
Customer: They are healthy. I am currently t rapping two ferals, and considering the adoption. I know after the capture and all the necessary procedures, they would be in constant contact with mine kitties.
JA: Have there been any changes in the cat's appearance or diet?
Customer: Ms. Wilson, I have not taken my kitties for the shots yet.
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: not really. they are in good health
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Bless you for rescuing ferals!

As long as the new cats are negative for FeLV and FIV your cats are not in any danger from them.

we customarily inoculate ferals and strays when they come into shelters. This dos not hurt them even if they have had prior vaccines.A Rabies shot given 3/16 is good till 3/17 and beyond.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri