Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

I'm just curious my cat is usually a cuddle bug and still

Customer Question
is . I currently...
I'm just curious my cat is usually a cuddle bug and still is . I currently just moved so I realize that could be a factor, but lately she has been hiding under my blankets and she never use to do that ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's almost 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about precious?
Customer: Well she puked a little bit today , but she has been eating normal and using the liter box normally to . But I notice she also like stares off a lot and her pupils go from big to small quickly and moves her head around the room? Is that weird
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
10/25/2016
Cat Vet: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. It may just be an adjustment period, but given her age, I would recommend having your vet check her out and possibly run some blood work. If she has had some underlying problems that have been brewing, but she hasn't started showing clinical signs for yet, sometimes even the stress of a move can cause their body to decompensate. If blood work is normal, I would consider putting her on something for anxiety for a short period to help her adjust. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was following up to see how Precious is doing and to see if you have any further questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian