Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a beautiful calico cat named Alli Kat who is about

Customer Question

I have a beautiful calico cat named Alli Kat who is about six years old. She is only dedicated to me and recently we have had to move to an assisted-living apt. I have a lady living in our house who is feeding etc to take care of her but Alli has never adjusted to Mary and it is breaking my heart. It has been two months since we had to say goodbye. the day we left, she came to me and I picked her and she relaxed against my face as I held her for a few minutes. It seemed she knew it was goodbye. Our daughter is looking for a center that will take Alli where MAYBE Alli will adjust. The big problem is how we are going to catch Alli and take her in a pet-carrier. It will be so traumatic for her. And she does not have her front claws so she could never live outside. We have had the suggestion of Bendryl put on tuna fish to get her to relax. We have given her Composure pet treats but she would not eat any after eating one-half of a treat. I have cried about our situation and pray you have some suggestion. Thank you so very much. ***** ***** ***@******.***
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Pearl, I typed my message......can you read it please?
JA: I'm sure Alli Kat feels you are doing your best. What is the matter with Alli Kat?
Customer: She is dedicated to only me. So I guess she is scared of other people. Is this a trait of calicos?.......How can we catch her to put her in a pet-taxi. Sorry if I did not make my problem clear in my message.
JA: Where does Alli Kat seem to hurt?
Customer: Pearl, Alli Kat does not hurt anywhere. Would you please read my original message with my problem? I would appreciate your help so very, very much.
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Alli Kat?
Customer: No, just what I have sent in my original message ......thank you for your help.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Hello Dorothy,

I have read and understand your question.

I am so sorry you had to leave Alli behind.

Please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thank you,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Dear *****,

I am so sorry the assisted living does not allow cats. Here we do......

I can tell you how to sedate and catch Alli to get her in the carrier.

Add one quarter of a 4 mg chlortrimeton to a tablespoon of turkey baby food with no onion powder.

You can get it in any drug store OTC:

https://www.chlor-trimeton.com/

It is a teeny tasteless pill so she will not detect it. Turkey contains l-triptophan and is sleep inducing.

The combination will sedate her enough to keep her calm.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had hoped to have help w/this problem..but can't seem to get the help.
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Dear *****,

ear Dorothy,

You can get it in any drug store OTC:

https://www.chlor-trimeton.com/

Kind regards,

Terri