Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I am in the process of changing my cat's food from Royal

Customer Question

Hi. I am in the process of changing my cat's food from Royal Canin hypoallergenic canned to Iams skin and coat (canned too). I've been changing it gradually since saturday and now I'm in half and half. Since yesterday I notice her stools are smaller than usual. About three stripes about an inch of size. Consistency is pretty much the same and she is doing it once a day. I cannot give her pumpkin due to her allergies. Should I be concerned?
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

There should be no reason for worry. With changes in protein and carbohydrate sources and percentages, the amount of stool produced will change. This is often seen with changes between food brands, so I would not be concerned unless she begins showing signs of concern (diarrhea, struggling to produce stool, etc).

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Luna doing?