Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

10 weeks old, got her from a woman I've gotten 2 other cats

Customer Question

10 weeks old, got her from a woman I've gotten 2 other cats from and she has diarreah. The woman is also a vet tech and has given all her wormings as well as FVRCP on August 15. I got her on August 28th and she is playful and functions just as a kitten would but has diarreah which worries me. She had her last worming, the 5th of a kitten series on August 22nd. This woman whom I've gotten 3 Manx kittens from for myself, and 2 for a friend and one for my sister will not let go of a kitten or puppy that is showing any signs of illness. I just found some Metronidazole pills, 250 mg in my pet cabinet and was just searching the net to see if I can give it to her in very small doses. There is no blood in her stool, It's just very runny. She is fed 'Taste of the Wild' for all cat stages.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations I've can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about I've?
Customer: No, nothing at all. She's otherwise very healthy, alert, playful and Manxy.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your fur baby has diarrhea.

Try this before you give her flagyl.

Go out and get jars of chicken baby food with no onion or garlic.

Add one tablespoon of rice cereal or boiled white rice to each jar.

Feed until the stool is normal for 24 hours.

Also give one half tsp a day of plain yogurt for"good" bacteria.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri