PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I noticed yesterday no pee in lter box, so i closed her in

Customer Question

I noticed yesterday no pee in lter box
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: so i closed her in room with box over night she peed but not a lg amt I left her clsed in all day today and no pee so far she is eating well and pooing and dinking drinking
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: jojo about 6 yo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: she is on renal cat food but her % are good according to the vet last BW which was about 3 mo ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is there a possibility that she is going outside of the litter box?
2) Is she eating moist food or dry food? both?
3) When was the last time her urination amount was normal?
4) Any changes in her behavior?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is this a membership??

I can contact customer service for you. Unfortunately, I don't have access to anything regarding your account. I only work with the customer specifically to answer their questions regarding pets. Would you like to continue with our discussion or have me contact customer service for you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the answer

I'm afraid I did not receive your reply if you had answered the questions in my last post. I've reposted them below:

4) Any changes in her behavior?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no she is not going outside literbox bith moist and dry no changes in behavior
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
urination was normal just less
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if she does not pee by morning taking her to vet...but vet i closed today...should I take her to emergency vet?

Because she is producing less urine despite normal intake of fluids, it would be wise to schedule a visit for her as she already has known renal compromise. Cats with renal compromise are prone to a condition known as oliguria. This is a reduction in the amount of urine output in an attempt to conserve electrolytes. In can indicate severe renal compromise. Although her values were checked just 3 months ago, I would go ahead and have them checked again to be sure that her renal compromise has not worsened.

I would go ahead and schedule to have her examined by the ER vet if you have one available in your area, yes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok thank you

You're welcome. If I can help you any further, please let me know. I hope she does well.

Checking in. How is Jojo today?