Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats
5071285

I noticed our kitten has a sharp bone on her upper chest.

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the kitten?
Customer: Actually it is just below her neck
JA: Where does the kitten seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't seem to be in pain it just feels abnormal
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Delilah
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Delilah?
Customer: We just bought her from an ad. She is only 11oz at 8.5 weeks
Category: Cat
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and I would love to assist you today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are just curious about the sharp, protruding bone below her neck. I'm not sure what can be answered without an x-ray. Is there a common or general answer?
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

In kittens and Cats you will want to feel the Breast Bone or Sternum. A flat chest in Cats and Kittens can indicate a problem. Because of there anatomy a flat bone can cause pressure on the lungs and heart and would impede breathing and cause some serious problems for the Kitten or Cat. If you read this article it should explain about the bone: http://pets.thenest.com/diagnose-cat-sternum-bone-problem-10940.html

I have suspect that Deliah will be fine and will grow into her body in time. My goal is to give accurate and up to date information and to assist you and Deliah. I strive to give Excellent service and earn a 5 star Rating. Please hit reply for your concerns or questions.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

I will be signing off for the evening. If you have further questions tonight hit reply and I will respond to them in the morning. If I have addressed all your concerns, Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars so I can be compensated by the site for my answers.

Joan