Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat likes to drink water in the shower, I put a bowl in

Customer Question

My cat likes to drink water in the shower, I put a bowl in and he plays, last night went to change the water and found apprx, ten looked like maggots on the tub floor.bleached the bathroom. His litter is changed 1to2xs a day, plus brushed, seems happy, eats well. Plays all the time. Where are they coming from? He is not allowed outside, 4 yrs old tiger. HELP
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Roger, rescue from local shelter. Afraid of everything and everyone. He loves me
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roger?
Customer: He lets me know if he needs anything, I am disabled so not alto extra. ??????
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 11 months ago.

Bless you for saving a shelter kitty!

I am sorry you found these maggot like things. They have nothing to do with Roger. They are as a result of a fly laying eggs.

all you need to do is clean the floor with a solution of one part bleach to 20 parts of water and you will not see them again.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Customer: replied 11 months ago.