Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

Well about a month he was diagnosed with a heart murmur and…

Customer Question
Well about a month he...
Well about a month he was diagnosed with a heart murmur and an enlarged heart and was given enalapril. A week after that his head was tilting slightly and he was losing balance. Sadly I didn't have the funds to take for that matter. Since last night he seemed not himself, today he's lathargic. And doesn't want me near him.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
8/19/2016
Cat Vet: nekovet, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I am very sorry to hear about Buggie.

If he is withdrawing from you that is a sign that this is causing him bother and making him feel unwell. And given those other signs, we do have a few concerns. With him being so young, the main one would be an inner ear infection. Though we can also see head tilting and wobbliness related to middle ear growths (polyps, tumors, etc) and when there are ongoing issues in the brain (ie bleeds, swellings, growths, or systemic issues like organ disease). Though again given his age, infection in either site would be our top concern for Buggie.

Now it is unfortunate that funds are a concern since we don't want to leave this to linger. Still, I do want to note some potential options that could at least help you get him seen and offset some of the cost. First, if you have a VCA or Banfield veterinary hospital near you, then you might consider taking advantage of their free first consult offers. You can find vouchers for this via VCA: (http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer) & Banfield : (http://www.banfield.com/landing-pages/coupon). Otherwise, you could consider checking out the Humane Society's database (http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html) or ASPCA’s database (https://www.aspca.org/about-us/faq/financial-help-my-vet-bills). Both have a lot of branches nationwide, along with ties to other assistance organizations that can keep down costs and surely will be willing to help.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

nekovet
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian