Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My mother has a cat this is not a pleasant cat. You can't

Customer Question

My mother has a cat this is not a pleasant cat. You can't pet her or touch her but she appears to be getting crankier. She has bitten my 87 year old mother 4 times in the last week, the last bite put my mother in the hospital with a bad case of cellulitest! She will be there for 5 days. The cat has never been a friendly cat. My mother loves this cat but I can't have this happening. This last time my mother was simply trying to get up off the couch with the cat sitting near her. She even bites if you walk by her. I'm at a loss. Any thoughts?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Kitty.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kitty?
Customer: My mother adopted her 5 years ago from a shelter. Her health is good for her age which is 15 years.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 12 months ago.

I am so sorry your mom has this trouble

You think Kitty is about 15 years old?

Has she ever been tested for hyperthyroid?

How long is she biting?