PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Just adopting a 4 month old kitten and would like to know

Customer Question

Just adopting a 4 month old kitten and would like to know what type of litter should I use also do you think I should have more than 1 litter box? Also what type of moist food do you recommend for a kitten? Do you recommend grain free cat food?
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Do you wish to scoop the cat box or change it out entirely every few days?
2) Does this cat have a preference toward flavors (chicken, beef, fish?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scoop out the litter every day and I have know idea what the kitten likes to eat as of yet.

If you want to scoop litter every day, I would recommend Dr. Elseys Clumping cat litter. It's about $20 for a 40# ***** fragrance-free, very low dust (good for any allergy sufferers be that feline or human) and clumps tightly. Available at pet mart and amazon for delivery. If you're in the market for simplicity, you might also look at the litter robot that does the job of scooping for you. You basically just replace a bag and a few scoops of litter once a week or so.

Cat litter: https://www.chewy.com/dr-elseys-precious-cat-ultra/dp/32362?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Dr.%20Elsey%27s&utm_term=&gclid=CLygqaqGms4CFQtqfgod7FgCgg

There are so many foods out there that are good choices for cats and many of them are grain free. Here are some of the brands that I like that have kibble and canned foods:

Orijen
Acana
Stella and Chewys
Halo
Now!
Nature's Variety
Victor
Go!
Merrick
Best Friends

If there's an upscale pet boutique in town, you might want to drop by there and ask for some samples to see what Java likes. Most of these companies sell 3oz cans so you can see what he prefers.

Let me know if I can help you further!

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800