Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

Cat ate Bologna plastic thing bout 40 hrs ago pooped yesterday bout 3p still eating only urinated 1 time today no bowel

Customer Question
She ate Bologna plastic thing...
She ate Bologna plastic thing bout 40 hrs ago pooped yesterday bout 3p still eating only urinated 1 time today no bowel movement really worried although she seems normal. Picked her up and pushed on her stomach didn't seem to bother her just a worried mom
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: She has urinary problems and is on a prescription diet c/d stress and is slightly overweight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
6/16/2016
Cat Vet: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 1 year ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hello, and welcome.

What kind of 'plastic bologna thing' did she eat? Plastic from the sliced bologna package, or the outer wrapper from a bologna 'chub'--long, bullet shaped bologna you have to slice yourself?

About how much did she eat of this plastic?

When she pooped yesterday, did you see any of the plastic in her stool?

How often does she normally poop?

Thanks for all your information and after you reply, please allow me a little time to get back to you with my detailed answer.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert