Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My tiny cat just ate an entire home plus ant bait, with an

Customer Question

My tiny cat just ate an entire home plus ant bait, with an active ingredient of abamectin b1 .05%. She is now acting super crazy, can barely walk.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 6 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kitten?
Customer: Her pupils are really dialated. She did vomit twice. She ate the pain a few hours ago, is my best guess.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

Ordinarily a small amount of Abamectin, also known as Avermectin insecticide would not be very toxic to a cat; however, because your small kitty ingested an entire ant bait and is exhibiting the symptoms your described, it will be necessary to bring her to a vet or an ER vet center to be treated for toxic ingestion.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to be done at home to remedy the situation, especially since it happened a few hours ago.

Try your best to get her to an ER vet right away and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks.

I hope all will be well with your Kitty!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.

Warmest regards,
Cher