Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Hello, and welcome.
Ordinarily a small amount of Abamectin, also known as Avermectin insecticide would not be very toxic to a cat; however, because your small kitty ingested an entire ant bait and is exhibiting the symptoms your described, it will be necessary to bring her to a vet or an ER vet center to be treated for toxic ingestion.
Unfortunately, there is nothing to be done at home to remedy the situation, especially since it happened a few hours ago.
Try your best to get her to an ER vet right away and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks.
I hope all will be well with your Kitty!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.Warmest regards,Cher