Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

He is walking very slowly and keeps lying down when I pick m

Customer Question
He is walking very slowly...
He is walking very slowly and keeps lying down when I pick him up he meows
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: Not that I know of but he does get into a scrap every now and then
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Scruff he's 9
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Scruff
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scruff?
Customer: No he went a couple of weeks ago for his boosters and he was fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
6/3/2016
Cat Vet: nekovet, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has Scruff been like this?

Does he seem to meow when you put pressure on his abdomen?

Is he passing urine normally? Visiting the box more or struggling to try to go?

Any history of trauma? Does he seem sore anywhere?

Any changes to his breathing? Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It started late last night he is eating but usually toilets outside he moans if I touch his belly towards his back end and isn't as mobile as he usually is can't see his gums unless I want to get scratched!

Oh dear,

Based on all of Scruff's signs, I am quite concerned that he has abdominal pain. As well, if he is a male cat, with a tender belly back towards the back legs that we don't know is passing urine for sure; a blocked bladder (a feline emergency) is a real concern here. Therefore, while we could see this with trauma, foreign bodies, and other concerns; his ability to pass urine would be my main worry here. And since leaving this can damage the kidneys, lead to bladder rupture, and be fatal; I would strongly advise getting him to his vet now.

They can confirm our concerns, address any blockage urgently, and get him onto kitty safe pain relief to ensure we get him stable and comfortable.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you

You are very welcome,

Best wishes for you both,

Dr. B.

nekovet
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian