Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

4 kittens about 3 to4 weeks old and I left the replacement

Customer Question
formula in my son car...
4 kittens about 3 to4 weeks old and I left the replacement formula in my son car and I don't have any more. My question is they need to be feed this morning I see a homemade recipe but I don't have any plain yogurt or condensed milk but I have carnation milk and eggs. Please help me
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: I haven't name them because their mother was a stray cat and the mother was trapped and taken away. The kittens were left under my back porch. Once they get big enough I want to place them in a good home who loves cats. I have a 6 year old pit bull( parents were blue nose pits) and I don't know what he made do to them if they stay in the house once they get bigger. Right now I have them in a big wide tote in my basement.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Them?
Customer: Just need some help to feed them right now and also where do I go once they get 8 weeks old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
5/30/2016
Cat Vet: nekovet, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

That is unfortunate that you don't have their milk replacer, since it is balanced for their specific needs. So, we'd need your son to bring it as soon as possible. Otherwise, if you don't have those other items, you can in a pinch and the short term feed a mixture of 1 cup of evaporated cows or goat milk, one tablespoon corn oil, three egg yolks and three drops of pediatric multivitamins (those can be held off on if this is a one-off meal). Just to note if they are 3 weeks of age, then they will need ~80ml per day divided over 5-7 meals in a 24 hour period.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

nekovet
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian