Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

Our cat may have eaten some Ribbon from a custom carpet. She

Customer Question
got sick the first couple...
Our cat may have eaten some Ribbon from a custom carpet. She got sick the first couple days along with diahrea. Both have resided but she's not moving a whole lot. She's alert but not eating. She stays under our kitchen table and just moves around under it. I moved her water to her and seems to be drinking a little.. What can we do? VET said the next opening was 3 weeks.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sophia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophia?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
5/6/2016
Cat Vet: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 1 year ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Hello and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that Sophia ate this and has you concerned. It's possible that she may have an intestinal obstruction and there are several ways to discover that: by palpation or by imaging (x-ray, ultrasound, MRI). Treatment may be giving treatment that will help her intestinal system to work more efficiently, so she can pass this item, or a surgical option is always a possibility. If your regular veterinarian does not have an appt. for 3 weeks, you will need to find another well-recommended vet in your area, who can see her, asap. At this point, it might even be necessary to have her seen by an ER vet center, where they will have all the required equipment for testing/imaging, etc. and be able to take her, right away. I would not wait any longer; having her seen by an ER vet tonight, would be my best advice to you, if she were mine. Unfortunately, there is no home remedy for the situation you describe, and that's why a vet's intervention now, and not before it becomes more serious, is your best next move. I hope all will be well with Sophia! There is no charge for follow-ups, so please keep me posted on how she's coming along and what the vet tells you. Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.Warmest regards,Cher
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would love to take her but I'm 4 hours from another vet..;( I'll try and get here in tomorrow.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply. Ok, thanks for letting me know you are so far from another vet. Continue to monitor her tonight and, yes, then bring her to the other vet or call your vet and tell them this is an emergency (I don't know if you've been going to them for a long time) and you need to be squeezed in. Tell them you believe your Sophia has an intestinal blockage and she's not acting normal at all--not eating, drinking, etc. I'm sure they could reschedule a 'well-visit' for someone else, to see her tomorrow. If they refuse, I guess you'll have no choice but to drive to the other vet. Call first to let them know you're coming in, with an emergency and you live 4 hours away. Please keep me posted on how everything is going. Thanks! Also, please remember to rate my answer positive, so I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much! Warmest wishes,Cher

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist