Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

Cat has little pimple like bumps on the back of his neck 4-5 of them, p t, about a year we got him at about 3 months

Customer Question
he has little pimple like...
he has little pimple like bumps on the back of his neck 4-5 of them
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: p t
JA: How old is P T?
Customer: about a year we got him at about 3 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about P T?
Customer: he has had all his shots and been fixed, stays
indoors all the time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
4/26/2016
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Are you seeing any scratching? 2) Do you have a clear photo of the bumps? 3) Are they open and oozing?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes they are getting larger and he is scratching he's an indoor cat
Any photos?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are bleeding from his scratching, but otherwise he seems fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yellow tabby, we have 2 other cats in the house but they do not seem to be infected
It sounds like you are likely dealing with some allergies with this boy. It would not be a bad idea to have an exam performed to see if he needs antibiotics. The pus is a sign of infection, but this may be because of the scratching that he's doing, too. To help with the itching, you can give 1-4mg of chlorpheniramine once or twice daily by mouth. Within the first 24 hours, you should see an improvement in itching. If this does not help, you may need to have a steroid injection administered to help break the cycle and allow him relief from the intensity of the itching. During this time, you can continue to use the antihistamines to hopefully stay ahead of the irritation. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Checking in to see how PT is doing and if the Chlorpheniramine helped.
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse