Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat was diagnosed with a bladder infection and has been

Customer Question

My cat was diagnosed with a bladder infection and has been on antibiotic since Tuesday (now Friday). She seems a little bit better but refuses to eat. I've tried many things to tempt her and got her to take two little bites of chicken and a bit of baby food, but that's it. She's very petit as it is so I'm wondering why she's not eating and if this is normal for her illness?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hi Donna,I am sorry your fur baby is not feeling well. She may experiencing a burning sensation when she urinates. Whenever a cat is in pain she does not want to eat. Give her 3 drops of cranberry juice (by dropper) every day for ten days. The first two doses should stop the burning. We also need to up her fluid intake to flush her bladder.Drain the water from a can of tuna into a bowl and let her lap it up for hydration. If she does offer some tuna.Use baby food chicken,turkey,ham or beef with no onion or garlic. Warm the food to bring out the aroma.You can also water it down and syringe some to get her started. Insert the syringe in the side of her mouth where there is a space between her teeth. Don't hold her up like a human baby. Keep her on her tummy in a nursing position. Please let me know if she eats and how she is doing. I will be for you all day.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Kind regards,Terri