Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Customer: Our 3 week old kitten suffered a head injury and

Customer Question

Customer: Our 3 week old kitten suffered a head injury and his rear legs do not work.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is no wound on the foot. His head was shut in a door.
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Numayr
JA: Sorry, I missed that.
Customer: Numayr--it means little tiger
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He had blood on the nose and seemed to have difficulty breathing right after the injury. But has gotten a bit better. It happened two hours ago.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am so sorry Numayr was injured. It is possible he has a concussion or a neurological problem. It is a good sign that his breathing has improved.The only thing you can do at home is make him comfortable and give his little body time to recover. Place him on a soft surface like a pillow in a darkened room. Do not feed him anything until he comes around.You can apply warm compresses to his back and legs. Make a warm pack by adding raw rice to a sock. Tie off the top and warm in the microwave or use a heating pad. He should get better with rest and quiet.Please write back and let me know how he is doing.Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.Best wishes and prayers for him,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri