Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence.Unfortunate Schefflera is toxic. It's toxic not only to cats, but also to dogs and can cause calcium oxalate crystals to form inside of the body. We commonly see, as well, that it can cause intense oral irritation/burning, ulcers inside of the mouth, drooling, problems swallowing, etc. Her being diabetic aside, she needs to see a vet soon. It will be not only imperative that they stop the vomiting so that she can hold down food and take insulin, but also to treat the toxicity caused by the schefflera plant.Here's the ASPCA toxicity sheet: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/scheffleraYou'll want to be sure that it's present when you take your girl in. Because she's vomiting, it would be ideal to speak with a veterinarian about her care before giving her insulin to prevent a possible diabetic crisis. In your shoes, I'd make sure to either be at or calling the vet's office upon them opening tomorrow morning. If you can have her seen overnight, that would be even more ideal.If my answer has helped you, please take the time today to leave positive feedback for me. This is the only way that I will be compensated for assisting you. Your satisfaction is my primary focus, so if questions remain please respond so that I may finish answering your question before you rate my service.
Please let me know if I can help you further.