Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have a solid black DSH cat with almond shaped eyes. He is…

Customer Question
I have a solid black...
I have a solid black DSH cat with almond shaped green eyes. He is roughly ten years old and very healthy and shiny and a good muscular weight. I noticed yesterday that one eye looked a little funny but they are both clear, bright with no discharge. I forgot about it until I saw him today and thought to get a closer look. He has a solid firm bump over the bridge of his nose that is almost center, but just slightly to his left eye, which is distorting the shape of his eye just slightly. What could this be? He has no sinus issues whatsoever. The bump is very hard (not squishy), about the size of a nickel, but has all fur with no discharge, scabs, weeping. Etc. It is possible he got into a scuffle a few nights ago with another housecat (I have several and by the time I reached them to break up the fight they all scattered so I am not sure if he was involved.) I don't know if this is related, otherwise I have no other thoughts as to cause. He is eating and acting just fine? I have made an appointment for the vet for the weekend but want to be prepared when I go. Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
3/3/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

I am sorry your boy is having trouble.I do not think this is a serious issue. He either has a slight abscess from a scratch or a dental issue.

Apply a warm, damp tea bag to the bump. If it is an abscess it will open and drain. The tanic acid in the tea will sooth.

If it does open just dab on a little honey. It is a remarkable healing agent.

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

I hope this eases your mind. Your fur baby should be just fine.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Thank you so much! :)

You are more than welcome! It is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person!

Please be so kind as too rate my answer so I am credited by the site.

I will still be here for you at no additional charge.

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert