Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

Now that he seems to be tolerating food, how much goat milk

Customer Question
can he have?...
Now that he seems to be tolerating food, how much goat milk can he have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cat
3/3/2016
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hi Patience, thanks for your question. I think some of the original question may have been lost in transmission as all we see on this end is "Now that he seems to be tolerating food, how much goat milk can he have?" Was there more to your question?

Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 1 year ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Good morning Patience,

Thanks so much for requesting me

How is Simon today?

How much goat milk have you been giving up to now?

What food are you syriging? A/D?

Is he eating anything on his own?
Any diarrhea?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry this was meant for terri

Hi Patience,

This IS Terri......how can I help Simon?

Terri

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right now he is holding down his food. I was just wondering if and how much goat milk can he have?

That is GREAT news! I am SO HAPPY to hear it.

How much goats milk has he been getting up to now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been mixing in 3cc in with the other stuff all equal parts but I had a little maybe 2cc's left over and l put it under his nose and it seems that is the only thing he will lap up.

OK, if he laps it up on his own,there is no limit. Let him have as much as he wants as long as he does not have diarrhea.

It is keeping him well hydrated plus providing potassium which strengthens his muscles.

If you are syringing A/D keep in mind its thick.....so dilute it to make gruel. Perhaps he will lap it up if its thinner.

You SAVED Simon''s life so bless you and keep up the awesome care of him!

If you need me I will be here for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He doesn't like the ad so it is mixed with equal parts chicken baby food, goat milk, and pedialite to make a loose gruel.

That sounds great.......does he like it that way?

What food was he eating before he got sick?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He's not crazy with any of it but won't eat on his own so we syringe. He was eating taste of the wild kitten crunchy food. I have given him a few morsels to try but he won't touch it or anything he has to chew

Does taste of the wild make canned food?

Does he like tuna?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He only drinks the juice from the tuna and I'm not sure about TOW in cans.

Tuna water is good for him. It is hydrating and replaces his electrolytes.

What about trying some fish based canned food?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll do anything to keep him alive and he seems to be able to relax when he sleeps.

Let's get a can of Little Friskies classic seafood or mariner's catch smooth pate canned food.

You can get it in the supermarket or Walmart.

Maybe he will like it better.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do👍🏻

GREAT, let me know how he reacts to fish

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert