Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

What is a dry scab forming a cone on her left side by

Customer Question
shoulder blade she is about...
What is a dry scab forming a cone on her left side by shoulder blade she is about 13 years old and doesn't complain about it but the surface seems to be getting bigger that dry and sticking out like a cone of dry scab
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
2/29/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hi Edward,

How long has she had this scab?

Is she an indoor kitty?

Can you post a picture?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type.

Thanks,

Terri

Dear *****,

This scab like lesion is most likely a harmless benign papilloma. It is similar to a human wart, caused by a virus:

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/papillomas-of-the-skin/649

http://vetbook.org/wiki/cat/index.php/Papilloma

Sometimes they ulcerate and cause the cat discomfort. If that happens or they are in the mouth impeding eating we remove them.Many times they spontaneously disappear on their own.

Apply some raw honey. It is a marvelous healing agent:

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

I'm just following up on our conversation about G. How is everything going?
Terri
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert