Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat has a rash on her tummy and keeps licking it Its pink…

Customer Question
***** ***** Veterinarian's Assistant:...

***** *****

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My cat has a rash on her tummy and keeps licking it Its pink and bumpy .Can is wash it with cat soap or baby body wash.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

No i can not pay.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
2/29/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

I am so sorry your baby has this trouble. It is an allergic reaction called miliary dermatitis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliary_dermatitis

You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

In addition, add one quarter of a 4 mg chlortrimeten to a tablespoon of baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/chlorpheniramine-maleate-chlor-trimeton/page1.aspx

Give it every 24 hours. It is very tiny so she will not detect it

Please let me know how she is dong. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Love,

Terri