Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat sounds like she's in pain. This is recent as of today…

Customer Question
My cat sounds like she's...
My cat sounds like she's in pain. This is recent as of today but she was throwing up yesterday. She keeps standing with her stomach low to the ground and her legs are hunched. She's also "whining" a lot
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
2/24/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello Carlyn,

I am sorry your girl is not feeling well.

Can you please tell me more about her?

Is she spayed?

Has she eaten and passed stools and urine?

Is she an indoor kitty?

What does she eat?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thanks,

Terri

She's not spayed, yes she has eaten and she's gone to the bathroom, she's indoors and she eats Purina one

Dear Carlyn,

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.

Is this what shes doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKRodtrybvM

That's exactly what she's doing

Dear *****yn,

If your fur baby is acting similar to the cat in the video, she is not in pain, she is in heat.

I know it looks scary the first time you witness this but it is common for an unspayed kitty to act that way.

If she will not be used for breeding, get her spayed or she will do this every single month and drive you crazy with her crying.

You can get them fixed for free or very cheap @

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

The ASPCA will do it and give them shots as well:

http://www.aspca.org/aspca-nyc/mobileclinic/

Local animal control will spay and give shots all for 15$

In the meantime a few drops of cranberry juice will lower the PH of her urine and may quite her a bit.

Please let me know how she is doing.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri

Dear *****yn,

ear carlyn,

Please let me know how she is doing.

Kind regards,

Terri

Hi Carlyn,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Carlyn Hegenbarth. How is everything going?
Terri