Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat has a lump on s chest....maybe the size of say a

Customer Question
My cat has a...

My cat has a lump on his chest....maybe the size of say a nickel ??....doesn't hurt him or anything....he's about 10....any ideas. ?>?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name?

Mr Pibb

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mr?

He's in good shape always happy...about 19lb orange cat

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
2/22/2016
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 years ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

I am sorry you are worried about Mr Pibb.

Is the lump soft or hard?

How long is it there?

Is he eating and eliminating normally?

Indoor kitty?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Thank you,

Terri

I was hoping to hear right back from you so we could talk about your boys lump. If it is just under his skin and you can move it it is most likely a harmless lipoma.That is a benign fatty tumor that commonly forms on the chest:
http://www.petplace.com/article/cats/diseases-conditions-of-cats/cancer-or-tumors/lipoma-in-cats

if it is in the flesh and swollen, it could be an abscess. That forms in the case of a bite o injury.

A growth that is attaches to bone may be a cause for concern and should be evaluated in person by a vet.

http://pets.webmd.com/cats/cats-lumps-bumps-skin

Please reply with more information so we can discuss this further.

I hope it is nothing and Mr Pibb will be just fine.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri