Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat had dental work last week. We bought m home with

Customer Question
Cat had dental work...

Cat had dental work last week. We bought him home with antibiotics and hwas given an injection at the vets. He's been absolutely fine until yesterday when all the symptoms returned. He won't eat as each time his mouth touches the bowl he flinches, he's pawing his mouth and its as if he's got something in his mouth

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Ambrose, he's a neutered male

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Ambrose?

Not sure, he was a stray but we think about8

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ambrose?

No, he's normally healthy

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cat
2/22/2016
Cat Vet: nekovet, Cat Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
nekovet
nekovet, Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long had he had these signs before the dental?

When was his last dose of Metacam?

Did he only have one tooth extracted? A full dental cleaning? Xrays of his mouth to ensure there were no retained tooth roots?